Sunday, April 28, 2013

My Inner Daffy

Ohhhh, the bones they were a'creakin' this morning!! Where did the sleeping in of yesterday go? Why is the cat always in the way of my good night's sleep? Why is morning so earrrrrrllyyyyy? And, there there was the puppy dog all geared up to go ... only to be sorely disappointed.

Yeah, it was one of those mornings. I kid you not that I was finally feeling the run in a good way at the exact moment I hit the last mile. Great timing, I know. Up to then -- oof. I more than channelled my inner Daffy Duck (remember when he was training for a marathon and was the biggest drama king about his ability-or-lackthereof to run?):
And, here's how I felt on the inside when I was finished ...
... but, here's how I really looked:
A proud-of-you-but-you-smell hug from
PC#3! I'll take the love. And, he was right.
Finished with my finds! Nine more cents!
Only 99 cents more to tie last year's
donation!!!!
A very forgiving pooch.
So, here's how it breaks down ...
Just because I felt like a slug didn't mean I shouldn't go.
It isn't that I blazed up those hills, it's that I got up them at all.
Because I went, I found some cash.
Even though that pack of high school boys running toward me didn't seem to know the wave-to-fellow-runners etiquette, I didn't try to trip any of them nor make three-year-old faces at them.
I should stretch. I should really, really stretch.
And, because I went, I even amazed myself.

I needed to check in with the time situation today because the run felt that terrible. I needed to know if it was a "feels worse than translates into ability" terrible or "for real, what are you thinking" terrible. Fortunately, it was option number one, and my May Half Marathon desire lives another day!

And, tomorrow, we head out for more! Elly will, of course, join me ... if I can get her away from her new best friends, The Robins, who have set up home complete with their baby, blue eggs right under the deck:
We'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment