Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Race Shirt Tuesday

Facebook for me is like I remember the morning paper was for my dad -- just a good way to start the day. (That he was catching up on local and world news and I'm catching up with my friends is not to be debated!) This morning, I didn't have time to log on, therefore, I missed the Facebook memo from the I Love To Run page suggesting this as Race Shirt Tuesday. The post reads: A movement is sweeping across social media - to show your support, wear a race shirt today. Let the world know, we stand with our runners, volunteers, medics, supporters, race directors and anyone else who is a part of our great support. While it will not change what happened yesterday - we can rally together to heal.

After reading this post, I wandered to the closets and dressers of my family. You've seen the shirts. I've talked about what they represent. And, holy cow, yesterday really drove that home.
'Still praying for Boston. And, tomorrow, we run.

No comments:

Post a Comment