Monday, April 29, 2013

Jack Of All Trades

Hi everybody! Elly here bringing to you the Monday run recap. Mommy started and continued the day tired, so she's taking a break. I decided to step in with all four paws to give you the low down on how things are chugging along over here! (It's amazing how many things I can do.)

I noticed very quickly how tired Mommy was today. I gave her toes a lick right before 7 a.m., and she didn't even say hello. THAT'S tired! She never ignores me!! So, once she got out of bed, I would be very helpful in the remembering department. You know, reminding her what needed to happen this morning in case she forgot. RUNNING!! I made sure I was right by her and made sure my tail was wagging hard. Those two signs are the We're Running Today signs. She usually catches on, so I made sure to pour it on extra thick this morning. I even stuck close to her when she changed my bandana. I usually run around and show it off to everyone, but I thought it was important for the remembering project that I stay close.

It totally worked! In no time, I was on my leash ready to goooooooooo !! I had a great time! It was very very warm which is hard on a pooch in a fur coat, but I made the best of it and took a few extra potty breaks to give myself a break. We walked through some stretches that still have water over them from the weekend rain. I liked that because it cooled my paws, and Mommy liked it because it kept my tummy clean and dry. Along the way, Mommy spotted a penny even though she was so sleepy! I was so proud of her. I was also super brave and didn't get too freaked out by the street sweeper. Loud noises scare me, but I kept myself under control because I figured in Mommy's sleepy state, she might finally trip over me when I cut her off like I usually do around the scary noises.

Instead, today, I was fearless ! I was nothing like this dog:
We finished our run with a delightful cool-down stroll at the end. And, of course, I got my hugs and kisses. Mommy's never too tired for that!

And, tomorrow, we rest!! I won't remember that until I hear the shower going. Then, I'll know. And, I'll sigh. But, I'll get over it. We'll see you tomorrow from our resting spots!

No comments:

Post a Comment