Friday, April 12, 2013

Happy Up

HAPPY FRIDAY!! Well, not for everyone. (You're about to find out.) It's a super-busy weekend ahead for us over here, so it's important for my sanity to plot and plan those things that I can actually control ahead of time so as to enjoy those things that come to us on a whim. Of course, one of those plans is my weekend run!

I decided to restart my Half training program with the 6-mile weekend run which is both and short enough to tell me how I'm doing physically (the choices are "fine, keep on going" or "overdoing it, fool"). Oh, I say it's short enough because should I hit a wall, I don't have as far to walk to finish and be done with it! What? I have a plan for that? Yeah, it's like I've done it before ...

I was going along with my Friday routine and pondering my morning route when I popped in a store. The cool thing is upon entering, ba-da-bing, I found a dime!! Hooray! I stashed it for its later deposit in our Food Bank jar and went on my way. Check this out, though ... I go to pay, and there are two lines open. One had a customer in it working on unloading her cart. The other line was completely open with the cashier wandering around sweeping. Normally, I'd go to the empty line, but I didn't because that particular cashier is such a crab that the last time I was in her line, I swore I'd wait behind many before doing so again.


Do you think the cashier would
like this picture? I should show
her and suggest the awesome
Surfing Rainbows Facebook
page so she can check it out
all the time.
I was there in line trying to make myself blend in with the soda machine when you-know-who spied me and called me over. MAN! I tried not to act disappointed while I couldn't think of a reason to say, "Um, no thanks, I'll stay put." I wandered over and hoped for the best. (Hey, this girl didn't start running until being almost 40 and has been pretty successful ... I'm optimistic if nothing else!) Here's how the exchange went:

Cashier: Hello, how are you. (almost like she cared)
Me: I'm fine! It's Friday!
Cashier: (complete with dripping disdain) Maybe for you. It's different in retail.
Me: (hoping I'm now invisible in my purse while I searched for pennies)

Really?! That's not the way to start any day much less a Friday!

At least I found a dime. I'd say I took one for the Food Bank team to get it, but at least I got it! I'd much rather start the day with a run than with an attitude! So, that's exactly what I'll do tomorrow! I'll check in after and let you know if I'm playing a fool's game or if things are going along! HAPPY FRIDAY to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment