Thursday, April 4, 2013

Preparations!

This close to a Half, it's all about preparations!!

We start with the final training run! WAHOO!! More than 200 miles specifically devoted to this Half behind me!! Only 13.1 more to go before it's BLING time!! Oh, I've not yet shown the medal design. Check it out:

The Half one will be similar. And, shiny. I do love me some bling at the end of these things! Shallow? I don't care!

Today's run had its own bling contribution:
Okay, it's blingy days are a thing of the past, but it still rules.
I love that I found at least a penny on the last run before go-time ... seems appropriate!

I made a decision about today's run that I take it from 3 miles to 2 given the rest of what I had to do today (hours of physical activity, for real). I think it was a great call. And, that last, singular mile isn't going to make or break anything. As Aaron said last night when I bounced my idea off of him, "If that mile makes that big of a difference (in success), then there's a much bigger problem going on!" I liken that last mile to being ready for a test -- you're either ready, or you're cramming and memorizing in the gym before the bell rings for class. No cramming here, I am ready!

As mentioned yesterday, I didn't bring along my running pal. Her agenda and my time frame would have been a bad match, so why torture ourselves? Not having her with me allows me to decide what to put into a run, and today, I gave it my all. I just had to check the time ...
That's the moment it was confirmed that
the time in my rock star head and real
time actually matched!
Seriously ... TA and DA!!!
How could I not rock it in my saucy shoes with their new green laces from my Easter basket?!
Rock. On. I LOVE my new laces!!
There was a plan for PC#2 to make my nails all fancy, but that was pushed 'til tomorrow so we could make room for a different kind of running artistry! That doesn't mean she's not planning for the plan, though!
There's PC#2 matching polish to the
saucy shoes! I can't wait to see the outcome
on my nails! Yes, this is important when
running!
Instead of nail goodness tonight, it was time to bust out the markers, folks!
Elly is not only a great trainer, she's
awesome at supervising!
I always love to see what the young
Crewers create!!
Aaron got all fancy with the Cricut cutting
machine ... he didn't even eat that peanut
butter egg there because he was so focused
on his creation!
Aaron's starting line sign! Ha Ha Ha ...
that's the kind of sign where people laugh
or wish they had something to throw at him.
And, then Aaron made this one, and it cracked me up:
I'll put the kids' signs up over the weekend! It's gonna be a great one!! Tomorrow ... we EXPO!!! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment