Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I Ran IT

I recently saw this picture on Facebook. It grabbed my attention because I now have enough years of running behind me* that I can compare the running vs. non-running days, compare the patterns of how those days start, how I feel for the duration of the day and attribute with some consistency why I feel the way I do. So, after a hard middle of the day yesterday, I was excited knowing today would start with a run.

* Seriously, that was a weird thing to say. Have I mentioned I hated running as a sport in and of itself when I was young? And, by young, I mean birth-late 30s. I think I'm going to have to think about how long I've been running compared to how long I did other activities in my life. We'll start with that really sad, couldn't-be-cut-from-a-rec-league-to-the-coach's-dismay season of softball in fourth grade ...

I wasn't in a mood for nor against a run this morning, so the run-it-or-it-runs-you directive was a nice way to anchor it on knowing I was about to start the day off with something very positive and, almost always, very good! I even got a break on the weather with the rain/snow mix blowing outta here just in time for Elly and I to get to run outside!
"We got out of here fast so we didn't have to listen to you
whine about using your treadmill" say the sassy snowflakes.
It was chilly, there was no money found and there were puddles -- oh, were there puddles -- to avoid. But, it was good. Oh, and check this out:
That's grass that's had about enough of the
recent rain. Upright, that grass is 2 feet
tall! That thing that looks like a hole is
really only the center of where the grass
collectively surrendered.
This cold weather can't possibly last, can it?! I mean, now that we're out of (what I consider) the zone where we're chilled all the way through and into (what I consider) perfect running weather, I'll take this for a while. But, it's going to turn. And, I will then be pretty hosed and all of my enthusiasm for my current all-systems-firing status will implode while I acclimate to the always-makes-me-feel-like-a-slug warmer temps!!

Tomorrow's another running day! I'll see you after!

No comments:

Post a Comment