Thursday, April 26, 2012

Stewing

Hey, remember these?!
Mmm ... chicken quesadillas featuring Hungry Girl-recommended
La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious tortillas ... mmm ...
And, then there's this new favorite in the household:
Double-mmm ... tofu dip ... can't stop saying mmmm ...
All I can say is PUT THESE TWO TOGETHER and you will have a dance party on your palate!! This is what we made for dinner last night ... I spread a little of the tofu dip on the quesadillas (to help things stay in place before they were cooked), and we each had a helping on the side to dip our quesadillas. I knew it would be tasty, but was a smash!! Even PC3 demolished his serving and ... wait for it ... asked for more! Too bad we didn't have more, but it's the thought that counts!

This dinner was a nice way to wind down the evening. Too bad my morning didn't start off as well. The bottom line is sometimes you get involved in a project, you invest yourself and, no matter how much you put into it, it doesn't necessarily turn out the way you wanted. Even if the outcome isn't a bad one, it might not be what you pictured and desired. That was my morning before I ran. Very unfortunate. By the time I was able to run, believe that I didn't really feel like it. But, the calendar said otherwise, and off I went.

I admit I spent a great deal of today's run stewing. I was trying not to, but it was happening. I even had a grumbly stance when I was waiting for traffic lights, hand jammed in to my hip and all. But, that's also when I looked down and noticed how nicely my lightening shoe laces complimented today's running shirt:
Excellent coordination. Foul mood offset
by rockin' laces!!
Even though I spent more time than I really wanted to in my state of stew, I took the opportunity to remind myself of one of the reasons I enjoy running: I can just head out and go. No matter what I'm thinking about (or not), none of that matters in those moments. Those moments are about nothing more than putting one foot in front of the other from point A to point B. That's it. And, if nothing else goes the way I want it to on that day, the fact is I will have started and completed at least one thing. And, I will do it my way.

(It doesn't even have to be a "great" run to be a successful one. Success = Did it. Wahoo!!)

We don't tend to have the luxury to seize that kind of control of most activities (nor should we as we should be working together congizant of others involved). We also don't tend to have pockets of time that provide such freedom to just breathe. I'm super-social and very much enjoy being around people, but, I have to say when it comes to these solo stretches of time, I have come to look forward to them and thrive within them -- just me, my lightening shoelaces and some rogue pennies.

And, today, I did so with a butterfly that followed me around for a while!
It's there almost in the middle. Yellow, fabulous and a little
camera shy!
 See you tomorrow ... it's not just Rest Day, it's a super-special day!! Check it out tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment