Monday, April 2, 2012

Focused. Sort Of.

This is such a crazy time of year -- it's warm, it's cool, it's crazy warm, it's comfy out ... yikes! It sure keeps me guessing! I was only on my second mile when I realized I was as warm at that point as I ever got on my 12 on Saturday. Weird!

But, as you know, temperature is hardly ever a factor for me, and off I went to tick down the miles on the countdown! With just two weeks to go, those miles are about to fall off that principal balance! I took some time to really focus on the hills of today's route because there are some really long, steady ones, but I've gotten used to them to the point that I don't really notice them anymore. In fact, I'm so used to them that, as you know, I run them looking off to the side to see if I can spy some change! But, internalizing what these hills look like will help during the race because new hills look intimidating. If I can match what I see on the unfamiliar route with what I know I've routinely run, I will fare much better during the big run!

For all of the effort I put into focusing today, I was, of course, distracted now and then. I saw these:
Mmmm ... smells fabulous. I have to say, though, that there are
soooo many of these blossoms on this bush that I remember
running through them last year and being hit by a wall of scent.
Well, better their scent than mine ...
And, my hopes were ultimately dashed when I saw this:
It's like Fool's Gold. But, silver. And, soooo not a quarter!
Believe it or not, I really did keep my eyes mostly forward today and my mind somewhat focused on some running business. That's probably why the heat didn't bother me as much as it could have -- until I finished and realized, "Holy moly, I am HOT!" So, I treated myself. It's Monday after all!
Oh, yes I did ...
Another Rest Day tomorrow before a longer run Wednesday! Elly, who is so very loyal and wants to be with me even when she doesn't get to come with me, demostrates how to rest for us:
"I'm exhausted on your behalf, mommy. I'll take on some of the
resting duties. See? Watch ... Zzzzzz ..." (I love her ears!!)
I love that girl! See you tomorrow with a review from the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment