Friday, April 13, 2012

This Is TOO MUCH FUN!!

The alternative title of today's entry is Egg On My Face ... it's Expo day, and that was SO MUCH FUN! It could not have been more clear that we were truly tourists, and we acted as such. It was a blast!
We had free shuttle service to the Expo which was awesome.
Our driver was most excellent and so very friendly, so you
know a picture had to be taken! While I think she was very
suprised to be asked, she was just as pleased!
We walked into the center to retrieve my bib which seemed to
be the ticket to enter the vendor area. There's lots of people
down there wanting my money ... let's see if anyone gets any!
First stop: Shirt pickup! Aren't they cool?
You won't hear me putting this one in the
drawer of shame with the uglies!
Then guess what I did ... I bought socks! I recently came in the
market for some socks specifically made for a letter extra
support and cush ... this dude sold me on some (with backup
from Aaron, so I wasn't just impulse buying). I hung out with
him long enough that his sales pitch turned in to a good
discussion. He was cool. And, so far so good on the socks!
Amongst the vendors was one pushing the merits of eating beef.
I think. I have to admit I didn't pay much attention. The Crew
noticed the give away, though, and they were stoked. Who
doesn't want a free beef jerky? (I don't, so I passed mine along.)
PC#2 was excited that these sticks are 90% beef, and she'll tell
you so!
Okay, I honestly don't know why the QT convenience store was
there, but they gave out free sandwich samples. How awesome
is that when you are ready for dinner? How awesome is it that
they provided us with part of our dinner? Yay, Expo!
I saw this and couldn't help but wonder what kind of prize is
that? More like a punishment. (HA!)
Okay, the bottom line is we had a great time at the ol' Expo. In many ways, it was exactly what I expected in terms of vendors, and that was cool. In other ways, it was just too much fun poking around and getting fun things to put in my ol' swag bag! There were a handful of people who seemed to not understand our thrill of the free sandwich sample, but we wonder how could they not?

Tomorrow is Rest Day with a lot going on! Let's see if there's any possibility of balancing a lot of excitement with a need to chill a bit!

1 comment: