Thursday, April 12, 2012

Almost Time!!

Today's quiz: What does the following picture have to do with running?
You would think the answer is, "Nothing," but, around here, you'd be wrong. While I'm far from a fashionista, I do like to make a little deal over big events. For running, that tends to entail a bit of coordination ... in this case, nail polish to shirt. I'm still debating over which color to use for the traditional celebratory Half Marathon shirt I had made! Check out the latest installment:
And, the real inspiration for a making another round of shirts, my beloved Pit Crew:
I very much wanted the Crew to have a new one as a gesture of letting them know it matters that much that they are there, they cheer and they love me through this crazy adventure every step of the way. Thank you, Pit Crew!!

Then, if they were getting a new shirt, I wanted one, too. Hooray!

Elly is sensing an excited buzz around here, but I think she is also sensing that she might not be involved in the center of the activity:
"Remember how fun yesterday was together, mommy? I just
know I could do the run with you. I just know it. No? *sigh*"
So, the last training run was finished this morning (capped off by finding a dime in the last 3/10 of a mile; yeah!!!), and now, there's just 13.1 to go! Tomorrow is Rest Day, but it's also when the atmosphere of the event starts to permeate the household and when we go to the Expo, so I'm not betting on a lot of rest! It will, however, be fun!

1 comment:

  1. Love love love your shirts! I think I am going to make a shirt with all of your beautiful inspirational quotes! Good luck this weekend - you will finish with style!!!

    ReplyDelete