Thursday, April 12, 2012

Some People Need To Take the Preparations Seriously

I just finished polishing up the ol' nails, but I wasn't sure if they were "too" blue for my fabulous shirt. So, being one to value the opinion of the Pit Crew Leader, I engaged in the following conversation:

Me: Is this color too blue?
Aaron: Um, it's blue.
Me: But, is it too blue for my shirt?
Aaron: I don't knooooow, it's blue. Blue and blue. Like 'Blush and Bashful'.

Ah, when the nod was given to Steel Magnolias highlighting when Julia Roberts described her wedding colors as Blush and Bashful but her mom, played by Sally Field, insisted that the colors were Pink and Pink, well, I knew I wasn't going to get further analysis regarding my color coordination!

Whatever, I decided they're good and very delightful. Festive even. See?

(See why I anticipate being a complete tool at the Expo? "You say you have gels and multiple devices for keeping track of my pace each mile? Well, what I'm really looking for is some nail polish and a few grapes to throw in my pocket.")

I may be a simple gal when it comes to running, but it works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment