Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's By the Numbers

It's New Year's Eve!! I don't tend to get terribly caught up in looking-forward-looking-back on New Year's Eve ... frankly, I do enough of that daily to make it a big project on the last day of the year ('little late then anyway, huh?)! However, I do have a little rundown as an ode to my running adventures. Here we go ...

Number of:

mornings I did not want to get up to run: Most of them
times I felt awesome after a run: Most of them
miles of my shortest run of the year: 2
miles of my longest run of the year: 13.1
times I seriously considered giving up on running altogether: 1
weeks it took me to rebound from that slump: 10
bugs that flew in my mouth while running: 1
official registered runs in which I participated: 7
cents I found during official runs: 28
registered runs I ran while pretty sick: 1
runs on which Elly was annoying: A lot of them
runs where I brought Elly and wish I hadn't: None of them
parked cars into which Elly ran herself on a run: None (that was 2010)
times I've been deeply grateful for the support I have around me: Every. Single. Day.

And, one for which I am very pleased:

Estimated miles run in 2011: 650

That's a pretty good list of stats! Look for some of them to be recorded ongoing at the top of the blog during 2012!

You'll be seeing a lot of mileage racked up ... going solo, with the dog, with the family ... mixing it up is always good! January begins the road to April's Half Marathon, and I can't wait to see what else! I have a handful of goals rolling around in my head, and I'll get them figured out in due time. In the meantime, congratulations to Pit Crew #3 who hit his during-break mileage goal today!
Yeah!!! 40.1 intentional miles logged for Pit Crew #3 since October!
That's awesome ... more awesome is he has the same support
surrounding him that I do! That's cool because I know how good
that is! (What's wrong with Elly? It's windy as heck out there, and
she's not one to force her eyes open for a picture ... I didn't take
her on a walk this morning when she asked to go, so she's not
going to comply with a wind-in-her-eyes picture!)
 Celebrate your year today!! I look forward to a new year ... let's all make it what we want it to be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment