Sunday, January 1, 2012

Starting the Year Off With a Bang

Okay, the post title is a total lie, it just sounded good for the New Year! Unless, of course, it counts to completely wallow in rest on this last of Rest Days for a while!

So, Happy New Year! So, do you think Aaron and I ever look like this after celebrating finishing a run?
Let's see:
Hmmm. Not quite, huh? (By the way, is anyone else as surprised as I to see Drew Barrymore quoted on my Mary Engelbreit calendar? Just wondering ...)
Speaking of Aaron, this morning we had the following exchange:

Me: Are you going running with me tomorrow?
Aaron: 'Sure am.
Me: It's gonna suuuuuck ... (there's a chance I said "hurt" here, but I totally meant suck)
Aaron: Yup.

Later in the afternoon:
Aaron: By the way, how far are we going tomorrow?
Me: Three. Why?
Aaron: Just adjusting my brain. (good call as I previously sprang an extra mile on him)
Me: I meant five.
Aaron: Um, no.

So, we'll be checking in after the morning's three-miler (not that I was geared up for five after last night's annual appetizers-for-dinner bonanza!). By the way, tomorrow is also the first morning in a couple of weeks where it's also going to be quite cold. That's good for meeee ... poor, brave Aaron ...

In the meantime, the quintessential rest item of this break is complete! It started out like this:
Fleece all laid out and ready for Lizzy to lounge ... I mean, ready
to be cut then tied into a blanket. You'll note there's a Diet Coke
poised and ready for me in the background. Excellent!
Then someone got jealous and walked right in front of the camera and sat down:
Spoiled pooch. She'll get her fill of attention when she joins us for the run tomorrow. (We will probably enjoy the excuse to stop every once in a while!) Besides, she was the first to really hunker down on the new blanket, so don't feel too sorry for her:
Enjoy the first day of the New Year, and we'll see you after the first run! The continuous counts begin at the top of the blog for the New Year, too! WooHoo!! Here's to some big numbers! Happy 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment