Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Tired Brain

When I woke up this morning, I just wanted to go back to bed. It's not so much that I was actually tired, but it's so cold out that getting back under the covers was the most appealing idea at the time. It just wasn't an option! So, that's a fight that's not only begun, but it's going to continue for the next three or so months. While I do love running in the cold, I think I'm already tired of the morning mental battle!

I'm also already tired of wondering where I've put my layers of clothes and not being able to see them even when right in front of me:
Gee, where's my sweatshirt? Oh, it's right
there where I put it five minutes ago! Sheesh.
I am not, however, tired of this hopeful face:
"I just know I'm going today. I just know I'm going today ... right?!"
(Right!)
Nor will I be tired of running in temperatures like this morning's any time soon:
Chilly, sure, but feels so good!
Ooo, but I am tired of this stretch in my first mile:
I think I'm just bored with this stretch. I don't
really know why. At least it's over in the
beginning. I almost like when Elly chooses this
street to do her business because it gives me a
project to take care of to break up boredome.
True statement.
And, maneuvering on such sidewalks will wear thin in no time:
See the sidewalk peeking through on the sides?
That's the path! It takes more concentration
than I care to use, but that focus is very required!
But, you can guess finding such treasures will never get old:
Abe here was frozen to a piece of sidewalk. Like that will deter me.
And, for all of the things that make me tired on whatever level I complain that particular day, I will never tire of how it feels to run and finish. No matter how far, no matter how fast or slow and regardless of whether or not I score some cash (it had to be mentioned; I'm sure one might wonder!), I will never tire of how that feels. Physically. Mentally. Spiritually. Emotionally.

Always. Feels. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment