Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Such a Lucky Duck!!

After waking up to the rain pounding the roof around 5:30 a.m., there is no way I thought I'd be able to run outside. Luck was on my side, though, and it let up right before I headed out!! Can I even tell you how much that excited me?! What a lucky duck! And, you're lucky, too, because now I'm not whining about using the treadmill!! Everyone wins!!

So, I was half way into the run when it did start sprinkling. Drat! I was not thrilled about having to go the rest of the way in the rain, but, seriously, what do you do? You're exactly half way from the start which also means exactly half way from the finish. There's not much choice there. You just keep going!

Fortunately, even the sprinkling let up just minutes later. I consider that a reward for my positive just-keep-going attitude (You didn't know I had powers over the weather, did you? This is the point where you also need to recall I have a very vivid imagination that I kick into gear while running ...)

Then, check it out: I stopped running, took my very short cool-down walk, and blam-o:
I could not have timed this run better if I'd tried!! Victory!

Another victory runs rampant in our house -- For my birthday, my friend Cindy gave me the Pampered Chef kitchen tool that lets you make oil-free baked sweet potato chips in your microwave!! Yee-Haw!! We had a yummy side of them with dinner last night!!
Seriously good and seriously good for you. Double the winnings there!

So, I found no money today, but I didn't get rained on. I also caught my post-run Diet Coke when it started falling over in my car. I totally win. May your day be full of all kinds of victories, too ... it's the variety of victories that make it all fun! See you after the run tomorrow!

1 comment: