Monday, December 26, 2011

Happiness Is ...

(It seems Rest Week is going forth with a Peanuts theme ... we'll see if that continues ...)

Happiness is reporting the lasagna noodles made from the Jerusalem Artichoke flour for our family tradition Christmas dinner were super-fabulous-delicious!! (And, you wouldn't want something for a family tradition to not be super-fabulous-delicious, now would you?)
AND on a Snoopy plate? How did I keep my head from imploding?
I'm guessing (Hear me: guessing. Totally not looking into it.) since they don't have starch that they are more substantial, if you will. They never got too limp which was most excellent. I could still taste a hint of flavor in them like I did with the spaghetti version. Aaron holds he tastes zero difference, so I guess it just depends on your taste buds. Either way, you can't beat it! Regular-old noodles are gone, gone, gone from my cooking world! These are the winners!

In more Happiness Is news, the walking-running challenge for Pit Crew #3 still goes strong at his school which means all miles logged during the holidays count toward his personal goals. He has set his goal (an additional 7 miles during the break), and it's going to be mind-blowingly easy to hit because of how many walks we like to take together! Don't you love when something that's good for you also falls right into place in your world?! He doesn't even think about how the miles logged here on last night's family walk ... :
Not only not walking here, but as the picture is clear, you can
guess Elly was not yanking on my arm. Very appreciated.
... got him that much closer to his goal! I am loving how secondary the mileage part of this challenge has become. He, like the rest of us, just likes to go, and the miles adding up is a great bonus! I will admit that the weather is cooperating to make this easy, by the way, but we'll take it while it's here!

With that, I set sail on the remainder of this day during Rest Week! I'm still feeling a bit like this rest is needed, so I don't have the ants in the pants to go out and tear up the streets with my blazing-fast speed! No, instead, I'm enjoying that extra time in the morning to accommodate different parts of my world. Running will be welcomed back ... but not just yet! Find some down time for yourself during the holidays ... it's a great recharge!

No comments:

Post a Comment