Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Fast Like Lightening: The Camera Doesn't Lie

So, how is it that what is probably my busiest day of the month falls on the shortest day of the year? Give that math some thought!

Today is seriously jam-packed to the point that I just know I'm going to be passed out on the couch by about 7 p.m. even though the youngest Pit Crew members will be all a-buzz with school being out and the countdown to Christmas becoming torturous! Well, what better way to start the day than with a run with the dog! There was certainly a day where a run on a day like this sounded awful -- I wanted to retain the energy I had to get to the end of the day! Fortunately, that mindset has turned 180 degrees, and a run is exactly how to start such a day to really get in the groove. Here we go!
For my birthday, Aaron got me a new camera to take along with me while I run (Fabulous! Frankly, all distractions are welcomed.), and today was the first day since receiving it that all conditions were right to have it with me (no rain, plenty of time for when I get distracted, etc.).

So, I got a good one of Elly and Jacques while in motion (oh, yeahhh!), then I made a not-terribly-invested-in-the-outcome attempt at one of all of us on the move:
HA! What a great shot of us all! You can,
tell, though, that I'm moving at lightening
speed seeing as my foot and Elly's paws
aren't in focus.
THAT'S RIGHT! LIGHTENING SPEED.
The run was fun especially when Elly got her usual attention regarding Jacques. I took it upon myself to remind people that Santa is still watching and you never know where he'll be ...

When we finished, I gave Elly her kisses and was cooling down when I noticed Elly dragging her feet, so to speak, on the way to the car. She just kept looking at me. I wasn't worried about her because she had a happy look and was wagging her tail. But, she wasn't really walking. Then, it hit me: She saw the camera in my hand, so she figured it was time for an after-run picture. She was just waiting for me to take one! You think I'm kidding, but I took this really quick ...:
... and then she picked up the pace like normal! Such a sweet doggie accommodating my obsession! (Do you think she's used to having a camera in her face and being told to stay still for a picture?)

As a reward, I gave her a little treat on the way home:
The window down was a treat because I was sweaty-wet, and it's cold out there! It wasn't much of a treat, though, because I only let her do this for about 2 minutes before closing the window. Brrrrr ... that's okay, though, because she doesn't know how to quantify things.

With another run in the books, the duties of the day aren't happening by themselves, so I am off! Make sure to do what takes care of you today, too!! See you after the morning run! Rest Week is a-comin'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment