Friday, December 23, 2011

Noodle News

Let's hear it for Rest Day!! Yahoo!!! You know how I love Rest Day, and my brain has been on overdrive to figure out the best first-and-last days of the upcoming Rest Week!! This break is well timed not only given the holidays but also given that my tell-tale, physical sign of needing to rest the muscles is talking to me!! In other words, when my upper thighs groan in the morning, it's time to give them a rest. It's coming!

Also coming are fun celebrations and traditions that, of course, involve cooking! So, I'm so stoked to share my latest discovery that I'm incorporating into our cuisine! It's drum roll time, please:
It's the no-starch, no-fat combo that drew me in. Additionally, it
seems that there's a prebiotic fiber in there that encourages the
growth of the bacteria aiding in healthy digestion. Excellent! I did
not know about that before buying it, though ... that would have
required more research than I tend to want to invest ...

Here you go to check out the basic nutrition info ... I had to look
up anything else about the ingredients themselves. It tasted so good
that I actually put in a wee bit of research time. I've learned enough
to stop looking and just make the shift!
I used the spaghetti for this meal before Wednesday's running day:
Looks pretty basic; tastes delicious! I added some turkey meatballs
using oatmeal instead of bread crumbs ... they are more delicate to
handle because they don't bind as well, but I feel better eating it.
I can only attribute the lack of starch to the fact that I didn't feel like I had a zap of energy the next morning (carb loads in the form of pasta have never, ever, ever been benefical to me). In fact, I had a great run that day! Eating pasta usually makes me feel drained the next day whether I'm running or not, so I avoid it even though I love it. Finding this (and quinoa spaghetti, too!) has brought the option back into our kitchen!

I love this product so much that I'm going to use it in lasagna form for our traditional Christmas dinner ... yup, you read that correctly. Our Christmas dinner is lasagna! That's a YAHOO kind of YUM!

Check this pasta out if you haven't -- Aaron doesn't notice any difference in flavor, but I do, and it's for the better! We both win! (I hope he still feels winning after our Christmas Eve run-walk outing ...!!! Who knew we'd ever do that?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment