Friday, December 9, 2011

Today's Mission Should I Choose To Accept It

Ah, yes, even on a Rest Day, I tend to have a mission! The mission of rest usually comes with ease. Today's focus is on my meals making sure I give myself that last power-punch before a long run in the morning! Of course good fueling isn't a one-day venture, but the day before a long run is, for me, the one that can send me on the path to a great run or into the abyss of "this running thing totally sucks."

To that end, I wanted to share something I stumbled upon at the grocery store the other day:
Hooray for Hungry Girl flatbread!
I'm not a big fan of bread (usually taking the top piece off of a sandwich having it open faced) because it just gets in the way of tasting the rest of the goods. I do like flatbread, though, and finding these was a major score because they're small! They're just about the size of a slice of sandwich bread. Perfect!

I microwaved mine for 15 seconds to soften it up, put on the cooked egg white and some avocado, and *poof!* a perfect breakfast sandwich emerged!

There were a handful of flavors of these, and I am going to try another because these whole wheat ones I picked up taste almost exactly like these wraps (which I also discovered in my Hungry Girl cookbook):
If you're looking for fiber, here's your friend!
They're really good, I just want another taste. Oh, I found the little flatbreads at WalMart in the deli section. I had to go to HyVee for the tortillas. 'Thought I'd save you some looking depending on where you start your shopping.

Anyway, this little sandwich was the perfect way to start the day, and it sets a good tone for me to focus for the morning. Speaking of, it's getting down to 18 degrees tonight, so the run should start in the low 20s ... not quite what's needed for that sweat-freezing-on-my-hair thing, but that'll come.

A fabulous Friday to you, and may whatever you do during set the tone for a great weekend!! See you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment