Saturday, December 10, 2011

Five For Five ... Plus One

So, this morning I set sail at 17 degrees ... excellent to have found out because when the number in the 10s spot is a 1, I know just what to wear. (warm stuff) It's cold, but look how pretty!
Ordinary things turned sparkly ... excellent.
With my usual dramatic clothes dilemma behind me, I continue to report that I just love the cold air!! It feels so good!! But, that's not the only thing that felt good today! You guessed it:
I don't think I've ever found a nickel!

"Hey, nickel, what in the world were you
doing in the middle of the road?"

"Hey, Nancy, I could ask the same of you ..."
Given this was a five-mile run, I call the nickel score "Five For Five" (which is different from "Five For Fighting" or even from "Five Dollar Foot Long", but I will tell you that when you find a nickel and decide it was a five-for-five moment, you start singing songs or jingles with the word "five" in them ...).

The penny came to me about 100 yards from my stopping point. I was excited to show the troops. Aaron was excited for me then reported, "I did not find any money on my walk this morning. On the treadmill." (That does tend to diminish the odds ...)

Want to see something even more awesome?
Frozen hair! AND that's not fog around my head ...
that's steam! That's so cool I need a closer view ...
Awesome. Winter is SO much more fun
than summer!
Just let me bask in the fun of this weather because it was occuring to me this morning that training for April's Half is going to take me from single-digit temperatures (oh, they're coming ... and, yes, I'll be out in 'em ...) to who-knows-what in April! That day could be 40. It could also be 80. That ought to make for some interesting training!

Who cares now, though, because this is excellent! It's Rest Day tomorrow! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment