Saturday, December 3, 2011

Jingle Bell Run 2011

Hey there, Race Fans! It was an excellent morning for the annual Jingle Bell Run!! I think this is my favorite 5K ... love the time of year, love the festive theme, and I love saying JINGLE BELL RUN!

I woke up at 6 a.m. to hear rain on the roof ... LOTS of rain!! The forecast yesterday called for rain not starting today until the afternoon, so this was a very big bummer!! In fact, this is the first time I've gotten to a race day morning and thought I actually might pass on participating ... rain is one thing; cold rain is entirely another! I even received a 5:57 a.m. email from my running partner, Woody, reminding me that he has a "no rain clause" in his agreement to join me in case it didn't let up!

It rained all the way to the starting point of the race, but! it let up completely 15 minutes before the start! Booyah! JINGLE ALL THE WAY, BABY!

We were optimistic about the rain letting up and brought Elly with us to spectate. And, Elly brought her friend Jacques:
Introducing Jingle Jacques ...
Elly and Jacques received a lot of attention ... you can see why!
Fab - u- lous!
Not only did the rain stop before the run began, I also scored a penny!
Sweet ... the streets show promise of a good
crop today ...
The Pit Crew and I mingled in around the start area admiring others' festive get-ups and getting our annual pic taken (not to mention noting Elly was the subject of the amateur paparazzi ... she was a super star!):
Our antlers rule ... but they are not particularly aerodynamic for
running if you ever needed to know ...
Then my running partner Woody showed up, and, soon after, the race began!
We're the two waving ... we're awesome like that.
Woody and I have run 19.6 official-run miles together in the past three years (seems like many more but in a good way), so this was old hat UNTIL we got to a point in the course where it was changed just enough to make what was once a long up hill even longer. NICE! We both had our share of grumblies about that, but we persevered because we rock.

What also rocked was finding a QUARTER on the route!!
When you find a quarter en route, you throw your hands in the
air and celebrate! The Pit Crew happened to be across the street
when this happened, so not only did we get a picture of it, but we
also heard many cheers of little Pit Crew voices! Oh, yes, picking
up change runs in the family!
Just up the hill and around the corner was the finish!
Another one in the books together!! Awesome! Thanks for always
making it a great time, Woody!!  (You get a prize if you can spot
Pit Crew #3 in this picture ...  okay, you don't because he's right
there ... and very proud of it!)
Reunited at the finish with my favorite fans!!
Doesn't it look like Jingle Jacques tied one
on while waiting? I'd better watch him ... 
With another really fun one behind us, I thank you, Pit Crew, for your unconditional support!
They're fabulous!
See you tomorrow on Rest Day! My latest Runner's World magazine arrived today, so I'm hopeful for a new recipe to try! I'll let you know! A Merry Weekend to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment