Sunday, December 11, 2011

Jackpot

As today is Rest Day, I have nothing to say about running itself because I didn't do any. But, my mind continues to mull over the running plans for the week which, as mentioned a few days ago, incorporates how to best fuel them. To that end, my eyes and ears are perpetually on the lookout for a new way to do something or a new food to try or an excellent tip/trick to incorporate into our world. This week, I, personally, hit the jackpot.

Thanks to a long-ago recorded episode of Dr. Oz that I finally got around to watching, I learned the best trick ever for making my very-favorite-in-the-whole-world-besides-artichokes food ... popcorn! Check this out if you want to make popcorn the healthiest and tastiest way ever!! (tasty = key!)
Put a quarter cup of kernels into a regular ol' lunch bag ...
Fold down the top, and put in the microwave for about two
minutes (ignoring if your microwave needs to be wiped out ...).
For my microwave, I've found about 1:57 is perfect; two minutes
starts the burn. And the stink.
And, PRESTO! Popcorn!
I don't tend to like hot air popcorn because it's so dried out and like styrofoam no matter what I do to make it taste better without defeating the purpose of it being hot air. This just isn't dried out!! Aaron's theory is that it retains some moisture because it pops for so little time contained in the bag rather than in a popper that's venting out not only hot air but moisture. So smart!

We put a little spray butter on it, but it needed very little! Dr. Oz actually put a quick spray of cooking spray on his then sprinkled it with garlic salt. I need to get some garlic salt! I'm betting there are a handful of good seasoning options out there!

If you're a corn fan, this is a must-try!! So, so good! And oh-so-very good for you!! Very fiber-iffic! I was so excited that I had to share. Here's to a fabulous find on Rest Day! See you after the morning run! It's going to be a celebratory one!

No comments:

Post a Comment