Monday, March 14, 2016

Curse You, Clock-Moving Day!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 195.9 (running: 179.5; walking: 4.4; biking: 12) Elly's miles: 97.6  Money Found For Food Bank: $43.03

See the kitty?
So, remember how I was all jazzed because Daylight Savings didn't really affect us around here? Apparently, it was saving its foils for this morning!! The morning was a total drag out of bed for almost all of us. It was a very sleepy way to start the day!

The morning fog was perfect for how we all felt, though. We had a dense fog advisory and could see no more than a quarter mile in front of us. It was driving in it that made me aware of how much I take for granted the ability to see distances; I really didn't care for it when having to turn into traffic when I'm used to being able to see just past those little hills. But, I made a decision a long time ago to build in extra time for most everything I do because that padding supports patience.

Of course, you also know that's the same approach I've always taken with running, too. I hardly ever put myself under a time pressure of any kind because it makes no sense for me to do so. I'm not an Olympian, so, there's just no need. That mindset works even better when Elly's with me like she was today. The fog barely lifted at all by the time we finished, but it was no real issue while on foot. Elly still explored, I still found some coins, and we had ourselves a good start to a very sleepy morning.
"And, I get to take a nap for the rest of
the day after this!! Score!!"
It's good to be Elly.
I'm working toward 11 miles at the end of the week! Even on a sleepy morning, the training schedule is in full gear! But, on tap for tomorrow is some Rest ... I'll be checking in with my new favorite beverage, so, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment