Thursday, March 17, 2016

It's Pretty Easy Being Green

For real, I do not really understand this St. Patrick's Day thing, but it does give me an excuse to theme it up around here! In between working and otherwise being busy, everyone had three square meals that were all decked out for the, um ... holiday ...
The kids' breakfast and my dinner featured green eggs. I was
a tool and forgot the ham for their breakfast (they either didn't
notice or forgot, too). This was my main course for dinner
while everyone else had gross corned beef. GAG.
I love making the St. Pat's lunch. Who doesn't want green
peanut butter?!?!
There's always a green chip! This year, I picked out the faux
spinach chips in the veggie chip bag.
Other lunch sides included green vanilla yogurt and green
ranch dip. Because everything must be green.
Well, not everything. You need a little luck on your side, too,
which comes in the form of a gold coin surrounded by green
M&Ms. Those are bonus points.
The gold Oreo was a work in progress. I saw in my Facebook feed how one could use edible gold color mist to turn an ordinary Oreo into a shiny coin. Yeah, not so much. I suppose it could have worked had I planned on one can of color mist per cookie. After that abysmal failure, I spread a very thin layer of icing on the cookies and covered them with the sparkly, gold sugar. It totally worked and was a hit! Oh, and if you're wondering if you can put that sugar in a coffee grinder to make it more of a fine powder, you can, but it will lose all of its luster. I've already taken it for the team there, so save yourself the effort, and live with the big pieces. As long as it's edible, not a kid in the world will care. I know that for a fact multiplied by two.

I also used a wee part of today mapping tomorrow's run -- it's time to turn in the 11-miler! I'm just saying that I'll be happy when it's behind me! I hope the luck of the Irish or whatever brings it to you was with you today, and I'll be checking in after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment