Saturday, March 5, 2016

Nicely Rearranged

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 161.3 (running: 157.2; walking: 4.1; biking: 0) Elly's miles: 89.3  Money Found For Food Bank: $41.52

I didn't have time to do a long run this morning, but I did work it out to get in a shorter one. As of last night, the weekend morning forecasts were for sun this morning and rain tomorrow. So, being the practical girl I am, I wanted to knock out tomorrow's run today. Never mind that the forecast has changed, and it probably could have waited. But! The young Crewers and I are having a sleepover tonight, and who wants to get up early the morning after a sleepover?!

Seriously, there are a lot of things that run around my head to make such decisions.

Anyway, I was a bit sore from yesterday, but it was totally worth getting out there with the pup. I drew upon a combination of my newfound hill motivator (You Raise Me Up ... it's both spiritual and literal; what more could I want?) as well as the very loyal and dependable Pour Some Sugar On Me (not spiritual in the least, but it works, and it's awesome). Back and forth these two songs went multiple times because my route had multiple hills. It can be strange in my head.

Speaking of the hills, though ... Having not run all of the streets on this route, I had a vision for what this route looked like. And, I was wrong. There was a stretch I thought was just going to be a gentle slope down hill which turned out to be rolling hills. Most of it was okay (even though I think I'm glad I didn't know it was coming until there was nothing I could do about it), but there was one, particular slope that even caused Elly to interrupt her gait long enough to spring off of both hind legs just to regain momentum. See? It wasn't just me ...

After conquering a string of inclines, we were rewarded with a nice, flat stretch which Elly loved exploring:
happyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappy
sniffsniffsniffsniffsniffsniffsniffsniffsniff
Today's run as a bit of a challenge after yesterday's, but it was a good one both physically and to get behind me so as to enjoy a leisurely morning! I hope your Saturday was as good as ours over here, and I'll be checking in on tomorrow's Rest Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment