Sunday, March 20, 2016

Progress

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 224.5 (running: 195.6; walking: 4.7; biking: 24.2) Elly's miles: 97.6  Money Found For Food Bank: $43.16

Isn't this the truth ...
I saw snow falling yesterday afternoon. I heard the heater go on at 3 a.m. It was still cycling this morning at 7 a.m., so I decided I wasn't going outside to run. It was a very long (very great) day yesterday, and I was exhausted through and through. I decided to take my own recent advice and utilize the indoor bike on days when I just know the run is going to be nothing but just getting through it. I have a 5-miler on the books for tomorrow, and I'd rather be ready for that then trudge through both today and tomorrow's runs.

Sometimes, I use my brain powers for good.

I was really quite happy to realize that today's ride was considerably stronger than the one I did just 10 days ago. It was the same distance and under very similar circumstances with regard to how I feel. But, unlike that one, today's was strong from beginning to end, and I didn't feel all wobbly afterward. I like notable progress!

Tomorrow's miles will happen on the road without question. Unless that groundhog was really wrong, and we get a blizzard. I'll see you after ...

No comments:

Post a Comment