Saturday, March 26, 2016

You Can Change the Mental Course Mid-Stream. That's Pretty Cool.

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 249.4 (running: 219.9; walking: 5.3; biking: 24.2) Elly's miles: 105.8  Money Found For Food Bank: $44.35

There's nothing quite like that short run immediately following a double-digit one. And, by 'nothing like it,' I mean it kind of sucks. I think today is actually a Rest Day on the original schedule I use, but, as tomorrow is Easter, well, there will be no bothering with running. It would only get in the way of the continued egg hunts that happen around here!!

So, Pit Crew #2 and I planned yesterday to run together today. She very well may have been regretting that during our first mile as I not only slowed her down, I didn't make any bones about complaining about being sore from yesterday. I was trying really hard to be positive in my head about today's run, but it was really, really difficult! I finally (duh) talked to God about it and asked that He move those thoughts aside as they were doing no one any good. I really did not want to focus on the trials of it all. I just wanted to get it finished and enjoy being with my girl while doing so.

Almost immediately after hitting our first mile, all felt normal again. PC#2 and I engaged in some good chatter, and everything I started out with that was negative was forgotten. I did take an opportunity to bemoan a hill I'd forgotten was on the route, but that's just normal.

Both of us engaged in complaining about the scenery of a nature area we intentionally targeted on this route. For all of the good developments around here, this one did not deserve the sign identifying it. Totally misleading if you ask us:
We really chatted it up about life stuff for the last two miles. We talked so much that I didn't even remember getting from Mile 3 to the end. I love when that happens. I attribute it to the company I was keeping.
So, now it's many hours after that run, and my legs are screaming. There's nothing good about it. It's beyond that "I worked hard and this proves it" kind of sore. It's the "This totally sucks" sore. But, that's what tomorrow's Rest Day is for ...

No comments:

Post a Comment