Thursday, March 10, 2016

Making the Best Of It All

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 177.5 (running: 161.4; walking: 4.1; biking: 12) Elly's miles: 93.5  Money Found For Food Bank: $41.83

It's intriguing that I started the week off strong, as is titled my Monday entry, only to not know where the rest of the week has gone! From delayed-diverted-delayed-goingthereinsteadofhere-thiswillgointotomorrow travel woes to trying to decipher one job while waiting for another to wondering if the rain forecast really applies to us to giving my attention to what really matters to the stove finally giving up in the middle of making dinner ... BREATHE. And, if you followed all of that, you're a step ahead of me!

By and large, it was all manageable, necessary, desirable or any combination of the possibilities. Oh, and it all made me tired! The best decision I ended up making this week was turning yesterday's run into a bike ride instead. I was so tired that (a) I figured it was safer to ride the recumbent bike because I could safely close my eyes now and then while doing so, and (b) after this many years of reading how much better it is to mix up the exercise efforts instead of sticking to just the one, I figured I'd trust the experts and put it into practice in that moment when I really, really needed it. I didn't go down without a mental fight, but I knew it was best.

So, I cranked out 12 miles yesterday while watching The Women Tell All episode of The Bachelor (we'll call that bike bonus). It worked muscles I forgot I have, so, if tomorrow's run goes as well as I feel it can, I might actually move toward this mixing-it-up thing.

The jury is still out.

As I head into Friday, I think most of the week's issues are settled. At least, they're settled as much as usual instead of overloaded the other way! And, the weather looks good for a long run in the morning, so I really can't ask for much more than that.

I leave you with one of my favorite scenes of the week. It's pretty common around here:
So, what's Lizzy doing there? She's waiting for Elly to come back from her morning business. She hangs out at the door and meows to let us know Elly is back. Lizzy is trying to be helpful. Elly doesn't see it that way especially when Lizzy blocks any part of the door to get back in. Those crazy creatures were great contributors to the week's comic relief! Now, if only they could fix the stove ...

No comments:

Post a Comment