Wednesday, March 16, 2016

It All Adds Up

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 201 (running: 184.6; walking: 4.4; biking: 12) Elly's miles: 97.6  Money Found For Food Bank: $43.16

The cool thing about going through a training schedule is that toward the end, when double-digit runs are required, the in-between runs tend to feel like a whole lot of nothing. For instance, today's 5 miles - which is my usual long run when not working on a schedule - can be a bit tiring by that fifth mile. But, with the recent mileage under my belt, it was just another run. Funny how things work like that.
 
No matter what it is for me, though, five miles is not often all that easy for Elly. So, I left her home so I could get a solid run in while she continued work perfecting her napping skills. Daphne worked on hers, too. She demonstrated when I got home:
She totally reminds me of myself when I was supposed to nap during preschool and kindergarten. In the room with all of the lights turned out, and where there were all of these little people surrounding me on their blue or red mats, it was rather normal to hear from the teacher, "Lie down, Nancy. Seriously, Nancy, take a nap" in her best hushed-but-annoyed voice. *sigh*
 
Hey, by the way, did you know it was National Nap Day or some crap recently? I think it was Monday. Anyway, while some see no need for a special day set aside for celebrating a loved one (aka: Valentine's Day), I see no need to denote a particular day to focus on the glory that is a nap. I'm a night owl by nature and like it that way, so I'm never against a nap when I can grab one!
 
Aaaaaaaaaaand, FOCUS: Yeah, back to topic ... I ran, it was awesome, and I hope it has all prepared me well for Friday's 11. I am not a huge fan of the 11- and 12-mile weeks. They kind of bore me. But, it's so nice to be out on the actual course being able to tell myself, "Been here, done that." It most certainly helps the mental game of all of this!
 
So, it's onward with the day, but I'll be checking in tomorrow! See you then after the top o' the mornin'! ...

No comments:

Post a Comment