Tuesday, March 15, 2016

A New Go-To

This was the kind of day that could drive a girl to drink. Fo'real. And, while it didn't help anything that Aaron and I stayed up way too late after the final rose, I can't blame it on that. There were entirely too many real things going on; I only wish it were some made-up angst about The Bachelor outcome.

I planned to share this newfound tasty drink today anyway, but it happens that it was my go-to when someone else might grab something a little stronger ... or that might make one tipsy. Anyway, mine looks like this:
I realize it's a terrible pic, but I was in the mood to have it right now, so the display of it escaped me. Anyway, it's a drink I adapted from the Trim Healthy Mama website of their Good Girl Moonshine. You can check it out here, but here's what's in mine:

I start by putting about 8 ounces of water in that 32-ounce cup.
From there, I add 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 1 Teaspoon of ground ginger.
After giving that a stir, I fill the cup to the top with crushed ice.
Finally, I top it all off with however much more water fits in the cup.

Believe it or not, the cup above is full to the top. It just doesn't look like it.

Anyway ... Voila!

I know. Very potentially, it sounds disgusting. In fact, Aaron finds it to be just that. Pit Crew #2 and I, however, love it. It's both tangy and soothing, and, believe it or not, it totally curbs hunger if you have those snacking pains. There are plenty of websites touting the nutritional benefits of apple cider vinegar as well as ginger, but, all I know is this tastes delicious. And, after a day like today when I would normally turn to a big, Diet Coke, I craved this.

And, apparently, I won't be fighting Aaron over it.

Let's start over tomorrow, shall we? And, we'll do so with a morning run ...

No comments:

Post a Comment