Friday, March 11, 2016

It All Worked Out

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 187.6 (running: 171.4; walking: 4.2; biking: 12) Elly's miles: 93.5  Money Found For Food Bank: $42.54

And, before I knew it, it became FRIDAY!! I hope your day has been perfect -- or, at least, very close to it!

As scheduled, I started it all off with a bang heading out for the first of 2 10-milers before April's Half! Having not run since Monday, I was curious about how this would go. It turns out that the biking was probably very beneficial in breaking up the monotony. Overall, I felt stronger than I anticipated given how the week has gone. So, I'm working on mentally coaching myself to embrace when I feel like doing something different on a scheduled short-run day. With only 4 weeks to go, I don't think this is the time to restructure my entire plan, but it is time to realize I can go with the flow here and there without worrying about the outcome. The down side of the bike, though, is that it was a day where the cardio part of the plan was less than had I run, and, I did feel that. And, with the good comes the new work to do ...

That's the perpetual cycle, isn't it? Just when we figure out one thing, we learn something new we need to do! Sometimes, that makes me look like this:
That was a perfectly located tree, too, as it was at the top of one of the bigger hills on this run. There it was. Staring at me.

Amidst the sun and the wind and the sweat rolling into my eyes, I saw other lovely morning spots:
And, my favorite at the very end of my run:
Ah, Spring is working its magic!!

I was a little creaky at the end, but, overall, things motored along. I was also a whole lot smelly since I wore a shirt that was too warm; I should have known better, too. Total rookie mistake! Anyway, the run is what was important, and, during these training runs, as long as I can keep a reasonably consistent pace all the way through without feeling like I want to sprawl like a snow angel in the middle of a sidewalk, then I know race day is going to be more than fine!

I'm to the mileage distances that I attribute completing to one, simple notion: Quitting is not an option. This isn't a hard-core mantra that I say with a grunt while sticking my chest out. It just is. If I want to get to the finish (which is where the Diet Coke lives during training, and it's where I get the bling and family hugs at the race), then I simply have to find a way to keep going. Or, should I say, many ways!

Another run is scheduled for morning! That sounds absolutely terrible right now, but it'll be fine then. If it's not raining, Elly will get to join me! That's a banner run for everyone! Now, get on with starting off your weekend, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment