Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The Original Trainer Strikes

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 264.5 (running: 223; walking: 5.3; biking: 36.2) Elly's miles: 108.9  Money Found For Food Bank: $44.35

I maintain my love/hate relationship with taking Elly running. The love definitely trumps the hate, but, when I hate it, I really hate it. For instance: I am very old school when it comes to how I hold a leash. So, it is always in my right hand, and she is always to be on my left. What that means, though, is when she makes a super-sudden stop behind me, and I don't know it, my right hand jabs directly into my stomach. It happened so hard today that it actually made me gasp. This followed a whole stretch of Intervals By Elly, so both Pit Crew #2 and I were already a little annoyed. Then, I jabbed myself compliments of her 8th potty break in a mile. Great.

We did have a very funny dog moment, though. Elly wasn't so much featured in it as she was the instigator. Or, as they say in the biz, the inspiration ...
We so much as rounded a corner, and this trio went absolutely nutty when they saw Elly. Their barks were huge as compared to their bodies. It was very, very funny.

For all of its annoyances, the run was a good one. It was definitely good to be together:
A double dose of rest is on the schedule before Saturday's 10-miler! I'll check in as I can and, most definitely, after the long run!

No comments:

Post a Comment