Thursday, November 21, 2013

You Don't Find Money Running On the Treadmill

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 176 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 829.7 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 392 Money Found For Food Bank: $21.68 in change; $25 in bills

2012 Found-Money Food Bank Donation: $7.83

Okay, I don't really know what's gotten into me, but it was raining when I headed out to run, and I went anyway. Again. Two days in a row in the rain. When did this become okay with me ?! I don't really know, but I'm totally down with it. I will spare you of my treadmill commentary, but, suffice it to say, it's going to accumulate more dust than ever before ...

Seeing as I seemed to thrive in yesterday's 6-mile outing in the rain, I figured today's three were totally doable. Besides, you don't find money while running on the treadmill, and I have a mission! Remember how I reported yesterday that I needed 30 cents to hit the $21 in change mark before next week's donation day? Well, I found 96.

BOO.YAH!!!

Retrieving the quarter I found made one of my knuckles bleed. But, that's what the rain puddles are for, right? That and washing off a really filthy dime. It was just mud, but my pocket didn't need that.

ANYWAY, it was a banner day all the way around. I'm not so sure Elly agrees, though ...
"No pictures, mommy. I'm naked."
That's a very wet sad sack ...
She didn't seem to mind the ol' rub-down, though!
"Of course I don't mind the rub-down,
mommy. That's the awesome part. By the
way, thank you for making me look like
a total champ here. I'm like a boxer.
Except that I'm a lover, not a fighter."
This running in the rain thing isn't so bad. And, as it turns out, it's mighty profitable!

In the meantime, here's the upcoming virtual Christmas Cupcake run update: Virtual Running Partner Extraordinaire Mary Kate is IN!!! She came up with the best.idea.ever. for it, too ... a nighttime run through the Christmas lights!!!!! I'M TOTALLY IN!! And, let's face it, Pit Crew #2 will run whenever and wherever, so this will be AWESOME!! Whee!!!

It's fun to have fun plans to look forward to especially when it's for an activity you used to think totally sucked! Amiright ?!

There's more planning and more running to do, but, first, we take a day to rest! That's what's on the docket for tomorrow, so I'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment