Sunday, November 17, 2013

Speaking Of Pants ...

So, yesterday, I spent some time speaking of pants in a most unsatisfied way. Stupid crapies ... I mean, capris. Huh. Interesting that only a little rearranging of the letters did that. It also probably says something about me that my fingers flew with ease over the keyboard typing a variation of crap as though it is imprinted in my brain ...

Anyway, I have to fess up what I was doing yesterday while typing about running another stretch of five and a half miles: I was likely undoing a great deal of that running while eating this:
I got it from my mom. She says it's an oatmeal-pecan cookie. We think it's coconut-pecan, but whatever, it's also freakin' delish!!
So, speaking of pants, I wanted to note it was a big day for pants around here as I have quite a pile to donate because I've finally grown out of them in the good way. That, and I'm finally confident I won't need to use them again. And, the changes I made for myself over the past four years are all inspired by running. Yeah, it took that long. And, yup, the inspiration is from the very activity I never thought I'd put into my life. Yay, running!

I'm certainly not perfect, but I'm a far cry from when I used to not care about that -- or just ignored it -- at all. Those were yummy not great days.

Not everyone wants or needs to change what they're doing nutritionally or physically. I just know I did. And, I have found at least the start of what is working for me. The proof is in the pile of pants. And, I know the real key to my  success is to keep.on.moving. In any way, in any shape, at any speed. I need to just go! And, so, I do ...

I'll be holding on to my strategies as we head into the holidays because there's some good stuff that's coming to a table near me, and I will partake! And, just when I thought it was out of the blue to show off the super-delicious-you-probably-wish-you-had-one cookie I ate yesterday, The Cupcake Triathlete blog author provided a recipe for a Chocolate Caramel Pecan Pie today, and I'm pretty sure I felt some sugar shock just reading about it. Here's the recipe if you want to check it out: http://cupcaketriathlete.blogspot.com/2013/11/best-pecan-pie-ever.html
Evidently, I'm not the only one having a sweet-tooth Sunday!

Have yourself a super-sweet Sunday, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment