Saturday, November 9, 2013

SO VERY CLOSE!!

Today's numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 169 Nancy's 2013 Mileage 797 Elly's 2013 Mileage 369.4 Money Found For Food Bank: $19.98 in change, $25 in bills

2012 Found-Money Food Bank Donation: $7.83

Even while formulating an intentional plan last night to go ahead and run today (instead of tomorrow, thereby creating back-to-back Rest Days), I questioned the wisdom. My body ached, my head ached, nothing seemed in sync. But, the good of the double days of rest outweighed whatever was to come by running, so I stuck with the plan.

And, very fortunately, my plan paid off as I woke up feeling much better, much stronger, than I did on Friday, so getting up and getting out there was not the chore I feared! In fact, it was quite lovely ...
My heading was much to Elly's chagrin, though, as I once again left her behind. The route was not a good one for her, and no one out there is going to look out for her like her mama!! Fear not, she not only had a walk later in the day, but she gets induldged in more sniff time when she's not running. Bonus for Elly!

Anyway, while I did have a mileage goal to hit, I concerned myself more with routing myself to drive-thrus I've not been able to check out recently. I didn't really care how much farther I had to run to check them out, either, I just knew I wanted to see if there were any pennies hanging around that needed me. (Spoiler alert: My blasé oh-I'll-run-however-far-to-investigate-drive-thrus plan only amounted to an extra half mile. For crying out loud.)

And, check this out: The 3 intended drive-thrus produced a singular penny. That's it. Just one. Whuuuut ?? I'd already found three pennies independent of the plan, but still!!

When I came to the end-point of my run, I had a choice to just finish up or to Frogger myself across a busy street on a whim to check out one more drive thru. And, you know exactly what I did. Ribbitt!! It totally paid off, too, in a money pit kind of way because, you see, it's not just that I found three pennies right off the bat; it's that I was wise enough to brush the piled up leaves out of the way which uncovered the mother load:
You can run, but you can't hide, coins!! I
left the gum, though ...
There were four more pennies, 2 nickels and a dime under those leaves. Booyah !! Thirty one more cents brings the Food Bank change count to ... drum roll, please ... $19.98!!! I think I'm gonna hit the $20-in-change desire !!! I'm so close!!!

That's a good morning of running! The next two mornings will also be good ... Resting!!

Make your plans intentional, and I'm betting they'll pay off!! I'll see you from Rest Day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment