Sunday, November 24, 2013

A Metaphysical Precision Collision

(A very special thanks to the writers of the movie "St. Elmo's Fire" where Rob Lowe's character described his car crash as a "metaphysical precision collision." His character was an idiot, but I always loved the delivery of that line.)

To know me is to know I love to create. Writing, painting, scrapbooking and every little thing that encompasses those activities feeds my soul. I could live inside of a craft store. Period. So, when creative-me and running-me collide, it's enough to make my head explode (in a good way, not in a gross-what-a-mess-and-we'll-miss-her way).

You see, we've needed a painting over our love seat for years. I like the decoration we have right now, but I've always known it was temporary until I was inspired to paint something specifically for that space. I knew I needed to just be patient and wait until something spoke to me.

Something finally did, and there's no one more surprised than I that it came out of a run. You've seen the picture ... it's this one:
Everything about it screamed, "I need to hang on your family room wall!!" So, with a 50%-off coupon in hand, I was off to Michaels! After a very long debate with myself over what size canvass to buy, I finally decided, purchased, and it's ready when I am:
I cannot wait to dive into that project!! Patience ... patience ...
Unlike running, I can't schedule and require painting to happen. Not only do I need the focused time, but I need to be in the right mood. The holidays will either make this tricky or inspiring, so I'll keep you up to date!

Oh, and it will, of course, be titled, "The Morning Run."

In the meantime, I had to wander a bit before picking up my canvass, and there was another place that spoke to running-me ... the holiday headwear!! For our upcoming virtual run, plans are coming together, post-run celebratory food selections are happening, AND headwear is already purchased!! (Yes, you need to do so early while the good stuff is still available. It's not like it's July; don't judge.) There were some fun options out there including ...
I loved the ornaments on the antlers!! Usually, antler hats are
without such adornment, so that almost pulled me in.
But, I didn't pick those or the sparkly green number peeking its way through. I'm just going to go ahead and show you the selection because it's awesome.
Pause while I take it off to see it in full ...
Can a Christmas novelty hat be called, "Simple elegance?"
I THINK SO. The bling is the elegance in case you're confused.
I get being confused by using such a term in conjunction with
an activity that makes me a sweaty, smelly mess.
I've always said to make whatever you do as fun as possible!! I think the planning so far on this upcoming run fulfills that sentiment!

In the meantime, it's time to map out a run for the very, cold morning. I'll check in tomorrow after thawing out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment