Monday, November 25, 2013

About a Dog

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 178 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 841.8 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 404.1 Money Found For Food Bank: $22.58 in change; $25 in bills

2012 Found-Money Food Bank Donation: $7.83

Today was quite a day for Elly!! First, let's give her the day's shout out for turning her running odometer over the 400-mile mark for the year!!! WAHOOOOOOOO!!!!
Look how proud she is!! I think I love that picture of her ... *sigh* ...
She really earned this one. I not only brought her on another 6-miler, but I also took her on a route I questioned in terms of her scaredy-pants tendancies when there's a lot of traffic around her. In addition to thinking the traffic might be a little lighter with the upcoming holiday, I was also in the mood to accommodate and anticipate her anxiety, so it was a great day to see if this is a route that holds potential for more runs together in our future. Now that we've finished it, I give it the 'strong possibility of return together' status!

Not only did she keep her wits about her for most of the run, but she was really put to the test when I really really really had to use the bathroom, and there really really really aren't many options for a girl when not only are most businesses not yet open, but I also have with me a dog. The problem began with a very small drink of water before I headed out. I don't normally eat or drink anything before running, but whatever toothpaste we're using made my mouth feel all dry. I figured a little drink wouldn't hurt. Well, by Mile 3, it was hurting my bladder! While I'm sure I could have finished without using the bathroom, I really didn't want to especially when I saw a couple of porta potties on the route.

At that point, it simply had to be done.

Suffice it to say, Elly was ad-a-mant that she was not going in the porta potty with me. You should also know that you can still lock a porta potty door if you have a leash going through it. Oh, yes. We know that for sure.
"You had your space, I had my space. It
worked out just fine. Besides, what kind
of dog do you think I am by suggesting I
go in one of those? Puh-leeeez."
We got it worked out, and I have to say the last half of the run was much more enjoyable than the first!

There were two other notables for the day. First, for about five minutes in my second mile, it was snowing!! There were big, fluffy flakes drifting around, and it was wonderful!! I would have missed it if not for being out in it!! Snow!! Super-score!!

The other notable was hoping to chip away at that 22 cents I needed to reach $22 in change before tomorrow's donation and finding 80. BA. DA. BING. Awesome!!!!!!!

With lots to accomplish today, I'm off! By the way, Elly is using the rest of her day to recoup from the big outing and the celebratory 400-mile moment:
Here's to hoping your Monday started off just the way you wanted, and we'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment