Tuesday, November 19, 2013

THERE It Is!

For the past couple of weeks, I've been watching my Facebook feed assuming/hoping another virtual run opportunity would present itself. As we've gotten closer to the thick of the holiday season, and I have seen nothing, though, I started to believe the opportunities through the group I've frequented are finished for the year.

Until late yesterday ...
Ta-DAAAA!! A new medal to earn!
Ah, yes, a Christmas themed virtual run! FANTASTIC!! (Look, when it comes to running and motivating myself, sometimes, I need the stuff!!)

I need to take a few days to plan what I want to do distance-wise, so I'll get back with that info. Pit Crew #2 is, of course, joining me for some sort of distance. The jury is out for anyone else right now, but I'm hopeful!

I was especially hoping for this opportunity given I bailed on the too-expensive-for-this-girl Jingle Bell Run. It looks like we'll be jingle-janglin' our own way this year! Wahoo!!

Oh, speaking of patronizing the virtual runs, here's the overall donation result from the recent virtual Pink Awareness run benefitting the Komen foundation:
The Christmas virtual run is a great motivator for the end of the year!! I'm excited to plan! You, too, can earn yourself a sweet reward ... check 'em out here! http://runninginsanity.blogspot.com/

Do what motivates you, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment