Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Surprise, Surprise

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 175 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 826.7 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 389 Money Found For Food Bank: $20.72 in change; $25 in bills

2012 Found-Money Food Bank Donation: $7.83
 
Pop Quiz Time! Who was more surprised today? Your choices are: (a) Myself because it started raining about two-tenths of a mile into my run, and I ran anyway instead of going home to the treadmill, or (b) the window washer I saw when I cruised around the corner at this morning's target-for-change-finding drive-thru?
 
Answer: B. It was a trick question, really, because I knew full well there was big probability of being rained on, but I went anyway because I just couldn't stand the thought of running inside today! I also had the urge to just run and see how far my intended route wound up, and there was no way I was pushing distance on the treadmill! So, get-wet-or-not, off I went!
 
And, just so it's noted, the window washer was surprised, but not in that holy-crap-where'd-you-come-from?!  way. It was more of a now-this-is-something-I-don't-tend-to-see  moment for him (back at'cha, pal ... especially when it's raiiiniiiiing. Just sayin'.). He looked somewhat confused when he saw me but with no intention of trying to make sense of my being there. Although, he did double take when I returned to the parking lot after having left, but, for crying out loud, I'd dropped the penny I found under his window, and I was not about to just let it go! Look, if you're going to look for the money and then find the money you don't want to also lose the money ... Duh.
 
Yes, I found it.
 
I have to admit, I loved just about everything of this morning's run. It made some sense, though, seeing as I love rainy days. They're cozy to me! And, it's not I've avoided running in the rain because I'll get wet; it's truly because I don't really want my shoes to get wet because that results in wet socks, and wet socks make me cranky. However, when that moment of saturation hit at Mile 4, and my big toes were first in line to get soggy, I had to say it felt better to run in the rain, even with wet feet, than it ever feels on the treadmill.
 
And, at least it wasn't thundering. Or, lightening. And, I didn't pay an entry fee to get caught in it ...
Ah, May's Go Girl run ... not my finest hour of intelligence.
You know. Lightening ... A really good run, though ...
Besides, I found a quarter right before the soggy sock moment. How awesome is that? (VERY)
 
I didn't know then, but my morning route turned out to be exactly six miles (yeah!! NEVER would have happened on the treadmill this morning!), and I found a total of 30 cents. Whee!!
Me, my finds, and my really wet ponytail! With this stash, there
is less than 30 cents needed to reach $21 dollars in change for
next week's donation! WAHOO!!
After I counted my finds, I took a peek at my feet:
Wow. Those are some wet, wet, wet pups ... The pants are
completely soaked at the bottom, too. Nice!
Although I am due for some new shoes, that day is not today. Therefore, I'm thankful to have one of those thingies that goes in the dryer so you can dry such things (Also thankful I actually knew where it was and how to put it in there. It's not like we use it all the time!):
A genius invention obviously created by someone who didn't
want to go batty listening to stuff bang around. Oh, they'll tell
you it is for the longevity of the machine. I think I know better
on this one ...
Before heading off to do more things I need to do, I wanted to inform you that today, apparently, is Hug a Runner Day! Many running sites say so, including this from the Cupcake Virtual Runs For Charity Facebook page, so it just has to be true, right?! Who cares if it isn't, though!!
Go hug someone whether it's a runner or not! I do suggest you know the person, but, really, that's your call. Anyway, there's rain in tomorrow's forecast, but running will happen one way or the other! Hopefully it will hold enough enough that I can take the pooch with me ... she's due to cruise!! Enjoy the rest of you Wednesday, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment