Thursday, November 7, 2013

Positivity

I'm glad the running pages I've liked on Facebook quickly turned around this week from a load of (what I considered) negativity to an onslaught of success stories, goals attained and positive plans for the rest of the calendar year! That's what I like to hear!! Staying committed to an exercise plan is difficult enough; there's no need to harsh the buzz with a bunch of put-down talk!

Bonus question of the day:
Q: What else, besides staying committed to an exercise plan, is difficult?
A: Not eating all of the peanut M&Ms your friend gave you for Halloween!

What's so very cool about the many goals I read about is the fact that the people writing are "just like me" ... similar kinds of goals (if not a little loftier which is inspiring me in my own goal setting), very similar race times and same, overall outlook: Just go, and be as happy as possible about it that day! When I first started running, I did not anticipate such a large community of runners where I would feel like I, too, belonged and was supported! It turns out the beginning apprehension was unnecessary which would have saved me a heap-load of angst! Ah, well ... I worked through it and turned out just fine!

In the meantime, while I used my otherwise-used-for-running time today to accomplish other things besides  poking around Facebook, Elly embraced the Rest Day sentiment:
"I do like to rest, mommy ...
... but, check it out. I am wagging my tail
and opening an eye. 'Seems like enough
of an effort for today, don't you think?"
I'm going to be more than ready to start tomorrow with a run after being at a computer for the entire day (with the exception of the Diet Coke run I made which is when I took this fabulous pic):
Stay committed, and stay positive!! It's a great combination! Here's to it almost being Friday, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment