Friday, November 22, 2013

Unexpected Running Talk

The whole reason I swapped around my running schedule this week was to accommodate the dentist appointment I made six months ago and could not change last minute.
The funny thing is that my hygienest is also a runner, so we spent what time she didn't have her hands in my mouth talking about running-related stuff. But it wasn't all what might you think. Check this out: Apparently, her family creates what they call a "Memory Tree" at Christmas where they collectively hang important momentoes from the year. Included are any race medals she has earned. She disconnects them from their ribbons and hangs the medalion. Of course, I then told her she needed to hang a few virtual cupcake medals next year. She perked up hearing the cupcake theme (that'll get'cha!), and I'm pretty sure I've sold her on at least giving it a whirl! How could you not want to jump on board earning a cupcake medal?! I mean, really ...

My hygienest is pretty cool, too, as she likes to talk about her experience as a whole and isn't hard core about any of it. We agreed our favorite part of any race event is crossing the finish line standing up. That's my kind of race talk! And, she wears these shoes ...
Oh, hot pink saucy shoes, how I loved you for the very short
time we were together ... At least my blingy running girl has
staying power!
... but, hers are dark purple with a yellow swish thing. They're awesome. I kind of wanted to tell her I hate her for being able to wear them while I can't, but I didn't think she'd like being told I hate her. And, that's probably not well-advised on my part seeing as she had the sharp objects in my mouth and near my eyes. I'm a thinker like that.

I don't always have my thinker very well tuned, though. Check this out ...
Double Drat!!
I've been well aware for quite some time that the Food Bank Snoopy Bank bottom could not hold the weight of what I've found. Just a month ago, I picked it up only for the bottom to fall out and spill everywhere. Clearly, I didn't learn very well because I did it again. Ugh.

It actually is a good thing that donation day is just around the corner because both the Snoopy Bank and the Lucy annex are completely full. Pennies are actually sticking out of the dog house slot. It's pretty awesome, and the overflow is not going to stop me from continued investigation! Tomorrow's route is pretty decent in terms of being an opportunity for some target-rich running, so I'll let you know what happens after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment