Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Coasting, Not Quitting!

Today's numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 167 Nancy's 2013 Mileage 789.3 Elly's 2013 Mileage 369.4 Money Found For Food Bank: $19.52 in change, $25 in bills

2012 Found-Money Food Bank Donation: $7.83

Happy HUMP DAYYYYY, YEAHHHHHH !! (That expressive camel went away wayyyyy  to fast!) It was time to get back at it this morning, but my Plans A and B from yesterday morphed into Plan C ... run by myself without the pooch. Not only was it drizzling at the time I took off, but today's route was not a good one for the pup. Too much traffic = Puppy anxiety. On the days I need to use this route, she's going to need to get alternative exercise!

I was glad to get back out there today. I won't say I missed running these past couple of days, but I was happy for the return. These next two months are for maintenance consisting of logging enough miles to hit my 900-mile year-end goal. But, that's it. There's not a big run before the end of the year, and I'm going to enjoy the liberation that comes with that!

I don't really like the route I used this morning; it is comprised of more intersections than I can count which requires more traffic awareness than I prefer. But, it isn't without merit as I still encountered beauty up ...
... and, down ...
And, yes, I also found money: Three pennies and an arcade token. Whee!

As the end of the year gears up, and with so much work done to build a strong foundation, this is the perfect time to coast. It's also the easiest time of year to just blow running off which is why there are still goals in place and fun events to look forward to! Turkey Trax is in just a couple of weeks, and I'm certain I'll have at least one virtual opportunity to jump on! All of that will keep me moving which is exactly how I want to close out the year!

That being said, tomorrow's a Rest Day (ha!)! I'll see you from there as I continue to look ahead and see what I want or need in place now to make the slide to 2014 the way I want it to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment