Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Extra Mile

Happy Halloween!!
Running and Halloween don't go together, right? Wrong! I can't tell you how much more energy I've had going around with the kids trick-or-treating these last few years since I started running! (Too bad for Aaron I didn't have the running mojo going on when they were little enough to need to be carried! That was aallllll him!) While the trick-or-treat energy isn't a reason I run, it sure is a great bonus! Whee!

I'm totally looking forward to tonight, but, to get there, we first have to start the day! Here we go!
How cool to start off Halloween morning with a full moon!
Very appropriate. And, a little weird.
It was a brisk morning (in the upper 30s), so we took off! Just
look how fast Elly is going with Jacques!! She was totally into
character as a thoroughbred race horse!
And, now, she gives her best Winner's Circle pose.
Check this out ... ahhhh !!
Someone's mums have survived the overnight chills and
morning frosts!! How pretty is that?
And, would you really expect to see and sniff honeysuckle on
Halloween? I wouldn't. Oh, and I couldn't ... my nose was full
of running runs. I'd sniiiiiiiff, and nothin'. I couldn't break the
barrier. Oh well. I also wasn't paying very good attention today
because I didn't even see my turn-around point and went an
extra mile. Yeah, you say good for me, but it kinda hurt by
the end if I'm being honest! Eh, whadda ya do.
Oh my gosh ... could it be?!?!
Score! Finally! It's been a while! It's funny how finding money
goes in phases. I'm hoping this is the beginning of the finding
season!
Elly took that 5th mile in stride! I was
so pleased. She was, too; it was an extra
mile of sniffin'! Her nose didn't get stuffy.
She did get the running eye booger, though. See? And, I just
love how she appears to be a little afraid of Jacques. That, or
she is plotting his demise. Jacques is not intimidated.
My mind was entirely somewhere else on that run (hence the overshoot), but it was a good one anyway! The cold kept me physically invigorated while my mind wandered! And, Elly? Well, she smelled all sorts of things, annoyed me quite a bit and had a stare-down with a dog across a street while they marked their respective paths. It was such a, "Take that!" moment between them. So very tough of the leashed dogs, don't you think?

Be safe if you're heading out tonight!! And, I have to agree with what I heard Al Roker say this morning on the Today show: "Those little candy bars are not fun sized!" Ha! They are fabulous, though; I'll take chocolate any size! See you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment