Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Nice Surprises

It was another chilly one out there this morning (yay!); so chilly, it made my right forearm freeze again (boo!)! I don't think I understand this right-armed-freeze phenomenon, but it seems survivable, so I won't dwell.

Instead, my focus today is on the nice surprises. No, today's did not come in the form of found money. In fact, I wasn't even looking down. Rather, I actually looked up a few times:

Of course, what is up often comes down:

It doesn't get much better than Fall for me. I know it's the time that so many things in nature are going dormant, hybernating or dying, but this is the season I truly feel most alive. Freezing forearm: Bring it on, I love this weather!!

Want to know what I also love?! No, not money ... check out what nice surprise I found in the grocery store right after my run!!
Pomegranates, baby!!!
I was super excited to find these because I don't expect to see them until closer to Christmas!! YAHOO!! Besides being super-packed with nutrition and antioxidants, they're so yummy!!

So, today was the last 5-miler before the Half, and while I tend to kind of dread this particular run (when its weekend bookends are double digits, sometimes I'm a weenie here on a Wednesday!), I was all about it today. The weather certainly helps. That my life right now is basically stable and chill most definitely helps. And, that I've been through it a number of times keeps the this-is-so-hard morning whines at bay. It all adds up to make for a good mental run before I even lace up the shoes. And, it seems my newfound fun Facebook page, Run the Edge, reflects a similar sentiment:
No doubt. That's where it all starts. Period.
Tomorrow's a short one, so Elly will happily rejoin me! Until then, enjoy the rest of your mid-week doings, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment