Monday, October 22, 2012

The Many Words of Running

Even following a glorious day, Monday is still Monday and requires accomplishing all of its Monday things. Wouldn't it be more fun to bask in your glory for as long as you felt like it? I think so!

So, while I have not been able to put together the story of the Half, I do have other words to share. Come with me:
This was the front of my shirt for this run. The puppy pace
has served me well; it needs such a place of honor!
This was the back of my shirt. I received so many compliments
about it. I had a couple of runners tap me on the shoulder during
the run to let me know they liked it. I heard another couple behind
me around Mile 9 not just reading it out loud but also talking
about what it meant to them. That was an awesome feeling!
Then, remember the sign-making project
of the Crew? They had great words! This
is one of PC#3's ...
... in case you couldn't see the drawing!! I love my hair there.
Very rock and roll. That and I'm holding a microphone! The
competition, by the way, is sweating ... not throwing up like
I thought he drew! (although, he thought that was funny and
said he'd be happy to make it look that way. I said, No thank
you very much!)
This was one of PC#2's ... very festive!!
And, how great is Aaron's?!? It is, indeed, very clever!! He held
it up right at the starting line! It went very well with a theme
you could see throughout the weekend ...
... like the sign on the right at Mile 3 ...
... and, this shirt I saw at the Expo making me laugh out loud!
Aaron also made this sign (with PC#2's puppy drawing
assistance ... always good to work as a team!). He held it up
where they found me right after Mile 1 ... gotta smile at that one!
I'm so glad to have had the words of others to share today because I'm still tired from the weekend! One more night of sound sleep should help! I'll see you tomorrow with my Race Recap ... it was a sweet route, and I'm looking forward to sharing it with you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment