Thursday, October 25, 2012

Simple Math

After each Half Marathon I've run, I've rewarded myself with a Rest Week immediately following. By and large, that week is chock full of thinking about anything but running in my future and lots of time reflecting on where I've been. And, realizing that run was a very long way. And, wondering if I can (or should or why would I) ever do that again. It's like during that week my body says, "Continuing to run would be really good for me" while my mind says, "Shut up, body". It's an intriguing mental state.

This time, my mind and body seem to be in sync: "Yes, we'll get back out there, but, No, we won't do so until Monday. As planned. Leave us alone until then."

So, the only thing I did today was some simple math:
  • As of today, I'm only 31 miles short of the miles I ran during the entirety of last year. (629/650) Score!
  • My goal for this year is 800 miles. (Just because.)
  • I have to divide 171 miles into 8 or 9 weeks (depending on scheduling in any break around holidays).
And, then the math made my head hurt. So, I stopped.
"It hurts my head, too, mommy. So, stop it."
I think I'll think more about this tomorrow! And, if I'm motivated, I hope to have a plan or two for the kitchen to share, too! See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment