Monday, October 1, 2012

Always a Personal Best!

Within the running community, there is a lot -- and I do mean a lot -- of discussion about Personal Best/Personal Record. By and large, (if not always; I haven't researched that part) PB/PR has to do with how fast you ran a race.

You know me better by now ... time's not really of the essence. And, I recently got that backed up by my Mary Engelbreit calendar. See?
'Like how I twisted that to apply to running? I do!

I totally get striving to do your best. I totally believe in giving something your all. I also totally embrace the notion of giving something your all in such a way that it is meaningful to you no matter what anyone else thinks. We don't always have the freedom to do that; with running, I do. And, I love getting to decide!

There is not one, single run I have done or will ever do that doesn't go in my Personal Best category. Some are better than others, and I know the difference. But, all of them are a success. I feel that way about every, single person who takes that first step and all steps after. It all counts, and it's all good.

Today's success was the four miles following yesterday's eleven. It was a good run with the pooch. She was a bit ornery today, though. The run was full of lots of tugging and Elly acting like she was in charge of where we were going to go. She didn't win those battles, so she took matters into her own paws when left alone for a bit:
She's a big fan of pulling things out of the
trash can. That white thing on her nose is,
indeed, like a booger but made of chewed
-- and probably hacked up -- tissue. Nice.
That's not really behaving in a personal
best manner, just sayin'.
We get to rest tomorrow before I hit it solo for five on Wednesday. Indeed, every step is a success.

See your work for exactly what it is and that it is to be celebrated!! I'll see you from Rest Day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment