Saturday, October 6, 2012

Ready Or Not

I just finished mapping tomorrow's 12-miler. I'm sitting here comfortably in Winter flannel jammie pants. Something about those two things doesn't seem to add up ...

It seems to make as much sense as it not even hitting 50 degrees today, so this was the one we picked to let PC#2 and #3 cash in on the ice cream they earned from this summer's 26.2 Challenge:
There are the finishers. Offering their parents not even a bite of
their earnings. *sigh* hee hee
Ready or not, tomorrow brings the big training run! I'm as ready as I can be ... I have a list of topics to ponder in my head because I can do a whole lotta thinking out there! I have figured out where particular mile markers are on the route, too. In particular, I know where Mile 3 is because it reminds me that that's as far as I used to struggle to go, and I know where Mile 9 is so I can remind myself that what I have left is just a 5K (totally helps!). There are 6 miles in between those, though, that I need to gear up my brain to take on! And, I have not figured out what to wear because we usually get to ease into this weather, and this year, it was dropped from nowhere -- overnight low of 32, people! And, I don't know at what point in the morning it will feel warmer, so I really am pretty clueless about the clothing ... I guess better now than the morning of the Half, huh?!

Well, one way or another, those 12 will be covered. And, it will be good. Or, at least, it will be behind me! I'll see you after!

No comments:

Post a Comment