Wednesday, October 17, 2012

More Words Than Miles

We're almost there! Only three more training miles (THREE!), and it's the big run!! These last two runs can get to me in that so-close-but-so-far-away way. In that can't-we-just-do-this way. In that this-time-next-week-I'm-resting way! Hooray!!

I have no complaints about the run itself, though. How could I with a start like this?!?
And, this?!
Those skies don't last long, so I'm always thankful when I get to see them. It's like a personal reward for getting up and out early. I was also thankful that I didn't actually fall down when I stumbled in my second mile. And, I was thankful that Elly had a normal amount of potty stops as opposed to yesterday's mark-all-miles-thoroughly adventure.
"You're quite welcome, mommy. Now, please take me home
because I'm so over not napping right now."
I'm pleased to report that my test run of the hair bling was a great success. I never even thought about it which is exactly how running gear -- all running gear -- should be:
There's the bling in place right where it
should be. Good thing, too, because that's
a lot of hair ...
The only buzz kill of the day was when Aaron and I went to make our event shirts and discovered there was an extra charge for the amount of text we designed for the Pit Crew shirts. Boo!
We have about as many words on the shirts as there were
choices of shirts! You'll see ... In the meantime, is that wall
of color completely fabulous? I think it is! Whee!
It turns out the set rate is for up to 20 words printed on the shirt. Umm ... we have wayyyy more than 20 words. You can guess that telling me there's an extra charge for anything sets my brain spinning, so finding out after we'd worked on and tweaked (many times) a design we really liked was a bumm-er. But, not only is Aaron so wildly supportive of making these runs a big deal that he made zero deal about the extra money, but the shirt shop dude also worked with us to make the extra charge not quite so pricey. I love when people are cool and human about things!

Because of our design and the process they use, they couldn't get the shirts done in their normal hour, so we'll get 'em tomorrow. I'm a patient gal (kind of have to be to run this many miles at my pace. Just sayin'.). Besides, I think they're worth the wait! So, I'll be seeing you tomorrow with all training miles behind me and new wardrobe additions! 'Til then ... Go Cardinals!!

No comments:

Post a Comment