Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Who Did What With the Who, Now?

Today's title is a nod to my hubby ...

Today was the day for the ol' schedule switch-a-roo, so even though it's Tuesday, it was off and running early! I checked the temperature before heading out. It was 77 degrees. Drat! You know what that means ... someone's about to be very disappointed!
"No leash in hand, but a camera in my face. Yeah, I know where
this is going ... not sure why you think it's cool to document my
pain, mommy, but I'll allow it."
I knew she hadn't gone out earlier with Aaron, either, so this was a double-whammy for the poor pooch! She gave it her all to convince me to take her ...
"I'll try this ... 'pleeeeeeeeeeeassseeee' ...?! *sigh*"
... but, I just couldn't! Seventy-seven degrees to me is sure to mean about 87 to her, and I'm not interested in inflicting heat stroke on my sweet girl! So, with a quick belly rub and a kiss, I was off!

It's been a very, long time since I've run three days in a row (have I mentioned my running schedule rules?!). And, the days years ago when I used to run three days in a row were ultimately a bit of a disaster because I simply wasn't conditioned to do it very well. This morning, however, it actually felt pretty good ... like I was pushing myself in a way I can and that is good for me. As of late, I've been very interested in finding new ways to physically push myself, so this sparked a little something inside. I unexpectedly found myself thinking I might want to reconsider my schedule and look for some good plans for 5-day running (what?! Who is this?).

However, it being early in the morning and not yet being fully awake, I decided to table that thought at least for the duration of the run. Instead, I started thinking about the fact that I felt a bit weary because I spent the majority of last night out with a friend talking and laughing. I'm talking good, old belly laughing. Laughing hard is the best kind of exhaustion, don't you think?

It seemed I was able to overcome both the third running day factor and the laughing energy expenditure and found myself having a great run!
THAT is not a nickel. That's not cool.
That's a sweaty-gross ponytail getting
stuck to my neck. It feels gross but it
indicates a great workout. It also indicates
I probably smell, so I advise keeping your
distance.
I love these. They remind me of when the junior Crewers were
really little and they'd marvel at finding them.
Oh, now we're talkin'! I spy with my little
eye three pennies ... you?!
I cruised my way to my finish and was very pleased to see that I completely whomped my time from yesterday. You know I'm not fixated on time, but I do use it as a gage to see how things are ticking. If I'm way off, I want to know why. A slower-than-expected time tends to happen for one of three reasons:
  • It's hotter than crap out
  • Elly has her agenda, and it doesn't match mine
  • I'm jacking around and not focused which usually means I'm having a lot of fun
I deem all of the above reasons totally valid and embrace them as awesome. Well, the heat's not awesome, but whadda ya do ...

I was sure yesterday's sluggish time was because my pokey little puppy was with me, so it was nice to have that confirmed this morning! It was even nicer to see her when I returned:
Always forgiven. That girl is a walking bundle of love.
Tomorrow's Rest Day! I even did my upper body resistance training today so I can be totally free tomorrow! WaHoo! I'll spend part of tomorrow pondering adding a running day (Who am I, and who did what with the old me?!). See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment